Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Loss of a True Soldier

On a cool morning of July. The skateboard community took a heavy loss. It may not have been a professional skateboarder, nor some local up & comer. It was a great man who looked at skateboarding in a different way. Anthony Nedea (Co-Owner of Antigravity Skateshop) was a man of many, MANY words. Sometimes it was hard just to shut him up. But everything he would say, was either a great piece of knowledge, something that brought a laugh and smile to all who heard, or something so rediculous that you had to argue about it with him. Good luck winning that argument, Anthony would go for days about something. He was always so sure of himself, and it showed very well.

Anthony always walked tall, and insured that he was noticed. Everyone knows who he is, and everyone will never forget who he was. A man of rough beginnings, to someone who was living the "Canadian" dream. Owning his own business with help of his son Trevor, and loved one Mei.

Antigravity will always be my second home, and with the loss of Anthony, I feel that his memory will live on forever within the walls of the shop. Everytime something falls, or creeks, I know that will be Anthony watching over us.

Farewell my friend. I will miss you with all of my heart. When I arrive at those golden gates, I'll make sure to have the 6 pack ready.

Anthony Nedea | 11/22/1957 - 7/4/2009 | Rest in Peace


2 comments:

AGK said...

This touches my heart steve thank you. You and your family are amazing people and I'm blessed to have you in my life. AGK

Unknown said...

i just heard what happened. and i trust you know hes 100% with you, all the time.
he was a great character, a true virtue.
keep on holdnn tight, as it seems thats how he led his life. he was real proud of you trev. steve chose the right word when it came to calling your dad a soilder. a soilder with honor, integrity and passion.
hes passed that throughly onto you. just know hes with you for every blink of your eyes,every breath you breath, and beat of your heart... and every time someone wants an i.o.u :P

walk proud with his honor in your heart.

much love to you and Mei.

xx rachee