Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 3 in Texas

Well, today I didn't bring my camera around with me, only because I was, and am getting sick of carrying it around. I've basically already shot everything I could. So today I brought my video camera around for filming my skateboarding...a great man known as Billy T Tripod was filming my tricks. Anyway, the day started like any other. Woke up at 7:30, went to the breakfast buffet and got my usual pancakes, waffles, eggs, and of course, my 4 cups of coffee. After breakfast, I did some skating around the parking lot before "work" and within 5 minutes I was sweating beyond belief. Anyways, at work, we just did our usual thing where we wonder around, and watch the "Tier 2" agents do some work, and once they go on their breaks, we go to our computers and answer 1 or 2 emails, and then go get our lunch. Do that till 2, then go home, get everything we need from our rooms, and Don King (not the black guy with the crazy hair. The Apple Austin site manager) brought us to some crazy cave which had some very interesting caverns and little trails and stuff. To be honest, I really do wish I brought my camera and a tripod along with me, but I guess that's live and learn. Once the cave tours were done, we went to a crazy outlet mall that is just weird since there isn't a spot of dirt on the ground, infact, all of Austin is like that, it seems weird. Anyways, I am starting to get off topic. Okay, so while at this mall, I was looking for some sunglasses since I need a pair badly, but I dont want to spend more then $40, even $40 is absolutely insane to pay for sunglasses. Anyways, after searching around some stores, and Kiosks, the cheapest pair of sunglasses that appealed to me, were $110. FUCK THAT!!! haha. I will never pay that much for sunglasses. So after wondering around for a bit, I came across the Vans outlet store, where I was finally able to buy my Vans classic slip ones in black and white. They were $20 cheaper here then in Canada, so right away I picked them up. 

After the mall, we went back to our hotel room, and I decided not to go out this time, I went out skating around my hotel, and there are some really decent spots! Robyne and Lucas went out with some tier 2 agents, but I just wasn't feeling it since I can't drink in public in the states. I skated for a few hours, and my undershirt was 100% covered in sweat. I should have taken a picture of it to prove it was soaked.

Anyways, I had a quick shower then it was off to bed for Day 4 of our trip.

No comments: