Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 5 & 6 in Texas

Same things happened, woke up, had an awesome breakfast, went to Apple for a few hours where we did nothing, ate lunch, went back upstairs, said our goodbyes to Tier 2, and then left the building.

We did a little bit of shopping afterwards (sorry Zach, I couldn't find any spurs all week) and then went to the hotel. I wanted to film a spot, but kept getting kicked out. I went back a bit later, and there was an SUV in the way, and so, I went around just getting lost, and ended up running into Lucas at a Radio Shack. We later went to the grocery store, and bought 2 pounds of Filet Mignons, and some potatoes with a ton of spices, and seasonings for cooking. I did the fillets and potatoes on the BBQ next to the pool, and it was a damn good meal. After the meal, I went upstairs, got my gear together, and went to the spot...the SUV finally moved, and I was able to start filming. It took me a few tries, and luckily I didn't get kicked out, and I finally rode away 2 times (one was sketchy) so I was hyped. Grabbed my gear and went back to the hotel, and got drunk.

The next morning, we all slept in, except for me, I am always an early bloomer. Got the free breakfast, and after breakfast, decided to take a final skate around the city. Skated in different directions, getting lost, then finding my way back to the hotel. This went on for about 2 hours. Went back tot he hotel, got my shower, and packed up. We met up downstairs at anout 10:30, and went to the airport for 11. We got everything together, and decided to get something to eat. I had a burger from this place that had a super high pitch noise coming from the speakers, which people under 30 can only hear. I had the worst headache from it, and it sucked. After eating, it was a 15 minute wait until boarding started. We got on our plane, and it sucked because where Robyne and I were sitting, there was a foreign family that STANK so badly, and their kid would not shut up! Luckily that flight was only 3 and a half hours from Texas to New York.

The next flight was from New York to Buffalo, and it was a short flight, but luckily, we were no where near this foreign family, so no annoying child, or horrible smell. After landing, our limo driver was waiting for us inside, and he had the sign, kind of like how celebrities are, or you see it in movies. It felt pretty sweet!

After getting our luggage and going tot he limo, we went to the duty free, and picked up some booze, and I picked up some cigarellos. I am now addicted. 

Made it home, to find a lovely package waiting for me. My camera came in! A great ending to the Austin, Texas trip provided by Minacs. I hope to win it again!

No comments: